IGNORED

zumo hookup

Yammy

Happy New Year

I have a sirrius satellite hooked up to a mini amp on my rstd. My Wife bought me a zumo 550 for Christmas. Question is, If I get the antenna and switch to xm, does the antenna broadcast fm to the radio?

Thanx

Mark

The Zumo does not support FM radio. If you buy the XM Radio antenna, you'll need to patch in the audio to the AUX plug on the bike. You can plug to the front by the cassette door or install a splitter inside the front fairing. [see squiley's post on installing an AUX splitter here: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3905] You would then set the bike on AUX and hear XM-Radio, MP3s and directions from the Zumo through the bike speakers. It's a nice hook-up because the Zumo mutes whatever audio is playing (XM or MP3) when it gives navigation prompts. You loose AM/FM/Cassette -- or just listen to AM/FM/Cassette and not hear the directions from the Zumo.

Between the XM Radio and all the MP3s loaded onto my Zumo, I never feel the need for AM/FM. The Zumo is a great device!

• 3 weeks later...
The Zumo does not support FM radio. If you buy the XM Radio antenna, you'll need to patch in the audio to the AUX plug on the bike. You can plug to the front by the cassette door or install a splitter inside the front fairing. [see squiley's post on installing an AUX splitter here: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3905] You would then set the bike on AUX and hear XM-Radio, MP3s and directions from the Zumo through the bike speakers. It's a nice hook-up because the Zumo mutes whatever audio is playing (XM or MP3) when it gives navigation prompts. You loose AM/FM/Cassette -- or just listen to AM/FM/Cassette and not hear the directions from the Zumo.

Between the XM Radio and all the MP3s loaded onto my Zumo, I never feel the need for AM/FM. The Zumo is a great device!

Thanks, thats great information! I've been considering upgrading from my StreetPilot 3 to the Zumo 550 and was curious if the unit would auto mute the music while giving turn info. I missed a turn last fall because I was listening to my XM radio, not paying attention to my Garma and couldn't hear the turn warning prompt of my SP3. A little later I noticed it recalculating my route and realized what had happened.

I love my Zumo as well . Just recently hooked a FM modulator to use in the cage . I hear everything through my stereo speakers , even the cellphone . Using a cable to either plug into the AUX or splitter under the fairing is the best bet . Also if you want cell , get with BuddyRich for his cables .

BEER30