IGNORED

kiorana123 - comments please

Guest kiorana123

Guest kiorana123

Been watching; listening so this is what I am thinking of doing:

Add a stator from Buckeye performance which will increase output from 30 to 45 amps. Enables heated grips etc. $239.

Rivco air horns $142.

Baron nasty boy 4-2-4 pipes $395.95. Minis scalloped family jewels $42.95.

Torque master $39.95.

What do you think? Need feed back tonight or early tomorrow.

Ta. Kiwi Ian.:225:

Add a stator from Buckeye performance which will increase output from 30 to 45 amps. Enables heated grips etc. $239.

Rivco air horns $142.

Torque master $39.95.

you may want to get in touch with squidly before getting the stator as i think he tryed it and had problems I know a lot of them on the 1100's never did work out :080402gudl_prv:

you may want to get in touch with squidly before getting the stator as i think he tryed it and had problems I know a lot of them on the 1100's never did work out :080402gudl_prv:

Squidley's was a R&D unit from another company, if I remember correctly Rick H has stators made to his specs. Running one on a shop bike too.

Guest kiorana123

Rivco air horns $142.

Torque master $39.95.

Brilliant, the Stebel is even cheaper. I think the stator has been fixed. How does the strength of it sound?

Anyone used a Torque Master? What do you think? Ta, from very cold California!

Brilliant, the Stebel is even cheaper. I think the stator has been fixed. How does the strength of it sound?

Anyone used a Torque Master? What do you think? Ta, from very cold California!

Here is a link to Rick H's discussion (later part of thread)

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16101

Here is part of the discussion

"Originally Posted by squidley

I suppose my only question is "Who makes the stator?" If it's Electrosport out of California, no thanks. I have had way too many problems with them and their customer service sucks!

Another good mention is of the wiring harness, just about every bike I know of (besides maybe the wings) dont have large enough wires to handle extra current. It's good to hear that your not having any problems with the research bike....I'll just wait a bit longer to see how it all shakes out :)

Originally Posted by RickH

It's not Electrosport.

I don't make them. They are made for BP to BP specs. By a place I have been working with for at least 5 years. They are designed for higher output in the cruising range from 2000 to 3500 RPM's.

Squidley I seen your post and understand your feelings and agree that Yamaha has a touring bike with an electrical system barely adequate. But it's something we have to work on to improve. The stator upgrade is a must if you add much of anything. But that also has to be done correctly. Anything added to the system needs to be isolated from the stock system.

Because of Yamaha's design on our RD RSV which has added lighting the base system is left to the stock configuration. All extras (key word "All") have there own circuits and trigger relays so the stock system is not taxed any more than when the bike rolled off the assembly line. Plus it has a very good battery. The Battery on the a stator system is a very important part of the system. A weak battery may start the bike but will also cause the system to work harder than it needs to."