IGNORED

To Warranty or NOT to Warranty CB Antennas, THATS the question

Guest harpo66

Guest harpo66

:sick: Broken CB antennas seem to be a problem but how the dealer is going to handle it seems to be a bigger problem. Tonight going to dinner, somewhere between home and where we ate my CB antenna decided to break at the black plastic. I have an 06 Venture 7000 miles with service plan. I have never hung or tied anything to it. To break like that we ALL agree it is a warranty issue but dealers don't seen to think so. Would love to read more input from my fellow Venture owners about this little talked about problem. :think: I will be approaching my dealer Monday..... Rode all day in a T-Shirt, God knew what he was doing when he made Arizona.

I posted in a CB tech thread and got no replies. Hope to hear some people sound off about this apparent problem.

Guest harpo66
:cool10: Thanks Stardbog for the reply for quick fix. I didn't ask if it was covered I went in and told my dealer they had a warranty issue to handle. They have ordered me a new one under warranty. If this one doesn't last longer I will use the quick fix or go to Firestick.

Guest harpo66

They called in 7 days and said they had my replacement antenna in. They just ask me to sign for the warranty work. It went better than I thought it would. I guess they were still trying to make up for the goof when this all started. I ordered a new Avon rear tire for my Venture to repace the Junk Dunlop (worn out 6,000 miles) that came with the bike. I took it in to have the new tire put on and to order the antenna. When I called to check that afternoon to see if it was ready to pick up they said they had ordered the wrong tire and only have a DUNLOP to put back on it. Needless to say I went nuts on them. After getting them down to $89 installed they made me semi happy. Anyway thats just another day in the life with our not so dependable Star Dealers.