IGNORED

Newby Question

cruiserfan

Hello everyone. Just bought me the '06 RSTD and love it. Well, maybe except for 1 small thing. Is it possible to ride this bike without the front cowling attached? Down here in Florida, we have been braking heat records lately and the heat from the engine on top of the 90 plus days is killing me. So, is it o.k. to remove the cowling or will it have a negative effect on the air filters? By the way, the bike is an upgrade from a Suzuki Boulevard!! And I do mean UPGRADE.

Thanks, that does answer the question. Can I get the deflectors from Yamaha dealers or do I need to buy them on line?

Thanks for the help!

Wait, I think I just found my own answer. I foud the billet covers which require K&N filters on the Yamaha web site for around $500. Does that sound right?

The lower deflectors are the best accessory I have bought..really work good,keeps your legs and body cooler in the summer and warm when closed in the winter...I will attach pics what they look like installed. They are on my RSMV but they are the same as the Tour Deluxe.Tom

So I guess what they are is something like the winged vent window on older cars? That makes more sense than my first alternative. Thanks again for the info.

BTW, Tom, I had a brother that lived in your neck of the woods about 10 years ago. Beautiful part of the state. (Republic?):thumbsup2: