IGNORED

'85 Venture Royale Dash Separation

Thanks Yammer,

I have it out. Actually sitting right here on my lap. I just can't separate the front part from the back because of this little dimmer knob.

You must remove windsheild and trim. Screws that hold dash unit are on the sides of it. Lift out entire unit.

Oh yeah, I sure will. I was just reading some posts about that. Also gonna lube the tach, replace all of the bulbs. Might even order them LED's. I sure thank all of you for the info on this site. Best 12 dollars I ever spent.

VentureRider.Org = Git 'er done! :cool10:

Happy New Year to all of you. :080402gudl_prv:

Grease that speedometer good before you put it back in.

On the speedo, as you may have already have read, you want to put the grease down into the very bottom around the sleeve where the cable goes into from the outside. On the tach, I don't suggest using a thick grease like the speedo because it can make the tach slow, especially when cold.

RamdyA

Thanks Venturous. I got all my bulbs replaced. Speedo greased where it needs to be greased. Was fixin' to put it back together but decided to come in from the shop and check this thread. I used 3 in 1 oil on the tach.

Thanks a bunch you guys........ :thumbsup2:

On the speedo, as you may have already have read, you want to put the grease down into the very bottom around the sleeve where the cable goes into from the outside. On the tach, I don't suggest using a thick grease like the speedo because it can make the tach slow, especially when cold.

RamdyA

Actually, back in the day (60's and 70's) when I was working on jeweled meter movements the best thing to do was to leave them dry and as clean as possible. Most cleaning solvents left a film that would add friction to the jeweled bearing, as it was a point of contact bearing. Not sure if that applies to the tach or not but it is in effect a meter movement as well. The real source of a jumping tach is the number 2 timing signal being intermittent, usually at the TCI connector...

Thanks Venturous. I got all my bulbs replaced. Speedo greased where it needs to be greased. Was fixin' to put it back together but decided to come in from the shop and check this thread. I used 3 in 1 oil on the tach.

Thanks a bunch you guys........ :thumbsup2:

One more thing I forgot to mention. Make sure all the needles are on the correct side of the stop pins before you reassemble everything.

RandyA

One more thing I forgot to mention. Make sure all the needles are on the correct side of the stop pins before you reassemble everything.

RandyA

Hmmmm Sounds like I am not the only person to notice that lil mistake AFTER the dash was back together....:confused24::think:

Brian