IGNORED

Any Trekies out there?

craigatcsi

To any of you Trekies out there...

In which series / episode did they go back to the original series - actually use OLD footage and insert themselves into the film to do whatever it was they were going to do?

I just remember thinking how well they did it.

Craigr

Not sure of episodes, but am fairly sure it was done at least twice. I seem to remember in DS9 they went back into the episode where Kirk and crew had the trouble with tribbles. I cant remember details of the other episode(s) ....old age is getting me...

Brian

Though I didn't care much for DS9, I did catch a few of the shows. The DS9 sounds right.

I have been watching Star Trek on Net Flicks for the last couple of Months - TNG. Now that I have completed that on, I am starting on the original series.

I will have to jump ahead and track down that DS9 episode.

Thanks,

Craigr

DS9 was probably my favourite when it was on the air, but, it was pretty serialized so you had to catch them in order to make sense of some ongoing things. Now when I watch DS9 I find it feels a bit disjointed, ( I think that was one of the problems with Enterprise too)

Yes I beleive Voyager did a flashback into the 60's episode on the Air Force base, but I didnt watch too much Voyager as it was my least favourite Trek series

Brian

The original pilot wasn't shown for many years because the network execs didn't like it. (And if they hadn't liked the second pilot either, there would never have been a show.) Some time later in a two part episode called The Menagerie, about 80% of that original pilot footage was inserted into it and made part of the story line.

Not sure of episodes, but am fairly sure it was done at least twice. I seem to remember in DS9 they went back into the episode where Kirk and crew had the trouble with tribbles. I cant remember details of the other episode(s) ....old age is getting me...

Brian

I do but like you can't remember when.

Angel:happy-emoticon:

Brian

I do but like you can't remember when.

Angel:happy-emoticon: