IGNORED

Thanks VentureRider.org

Kirby

Well, I finally got around to checking my valve clearances on Biggal this past weekend. I'd been putting it off all summer and this week I had some vacation time so I used it to catch up on some long overdue preventive maintenance. Many thanks go out to all the discussions on this website and MD 's at Don's the last 2 years, as well as Freebird's posting about getting the carbs off in the Tech section. V7Goose's article article in the Tech section was my main instruction book for doing the valves. I also used your procedure for setting the floats on the carbs. Thanks Goose. Dingy has a very good spreadsheet in the Tech section as well and it came in very handy. Thanks Gary. You made working with metrics a lot easier and keeping up with what's shims are in each location. After changing the coolant, as well as the oil, filter, sparkplugs, tightening the steering head bearings, and syncing the carbs (didn't really need that) she runs like a champ again. I'd say I've got my 12 dollars worth of help and more!! Thanks to everyone again!

Edited by Kirby