IGNORED

Thank you

rjjammer

I dont post often, but its not because I'm shy... I just haven't had the ability to get on the net very often, until just recently that is. Now I log on daily from here and make more plans to upgrade my "finished VR" Right now at home there are several boxes with more parts.... Someone told me a while ago that I would never "finish my ride" They don't know how right they were. Almost everything done to this ride, i got the idea or the information I needed from this forum.

Brief history of my 1986 Venture Royale

I purchased this from a younger kid in 2000. The bike had 36,000 miles on it and ran fine but was beat up from being dropped and abused. Since then I have completely stripped it down to the frame, set valves, replaced and rebuilt the carbs, polished and cleaned and painted the engine parts. Replaced Chrome Removed the fuel tank and had it lined. replaced tires and brakes, rebuilt the master cylinders. Repaired various wiring cass system, and re soldered the computer in the dash. Added Jardine pipes. Added a gel battery. Replaced a lot of the plastic and repaired the rest. Repainted it in its current colors. I thought I was done.... I am gone a lot and this took several years to complete. Then I started reading here.

Now sitting at home are the parts to upgrade the fuse box, progressive springs for the forks along with the upgrade fork brace. I purchased a new aftermarket CDI to install. I plan to upgrade the starter and cables. I am sure there is more I will find to do. Someday I may even get the chance to ride this thing. I think in the last two years it has about 18 miles put on it.

Anyway, the reason for this post. THANK YOU! to everyone that helped even though you didn't realize it most of the time.!!!

rjjammer

Yeah! What he said!!!

Sounds like you now need to put some miles on that scoot and enjoy what it was designed for, touring!! There are a lot of events you can come to next year startring with Maintenance Day at Freebirds, the International Rally in June, and closer to you the Pork In The Pines at Whoomp's place in northern Minnesota.

Congratulations on all the work you have done so far!!!