IGNORED

Awesome bike

ACE50

Just got the bike back on the road after going through it after purchasing. It has 55K and wasn't taken care of like I would have. Just replaced seals, cleaned, greased-up what I could and cleaned the carbs and synched and all I can say is, WOW. What a great bike. Lov'n the V4. Moving it around it's like pushing a train, but get it on the road and!!!!!!!!! :cool10:

Question, these bikes do have a rev limiter don't they? I'm surprised I haven't hit it yet if it does. What is the red line anyway?:no-no-no:

Yes, they do. And if you haven't hit it yet, you are still riding it in a fairly timid way. The rev limiter hits at a paltry 6.500 RPM. You can easily hit the rev limiter in 1st, but it happens so fast it does not really stand out.

You need to find a freeway on-ramp or something similar where you can hit it fast and hard. Nail the throttle wide open in 2nd until you feel the bike falter, then up-shift and nail it again. Chances are you won't be able to hit it in third unless you are willing to push it - you won't reach the rev limiter there until 96 MPH. Forget looking for the rev limiter in 4th or 5th - it ain't gonna happen!

Goose