IGNORED

Motorcycle tow

dacheedah

Ok now I ran across this and wondered a few things, like how can you put the icc sticker on the door, how long your trans will last. . . .

[ame=http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1704445/motorcycle_tow_vehicle/]www.metacafe.com/watch/1704445/motorcycle_tow_vehicle/[/ame]

I notice that the beginning of the video has the comment "The world's only tow bike". This may be true of that type of rig, but there have been similar tow bikes in Japan for years and more recently, in Great Britain, where they are using the Triumph Rocket 3 with the same rig as used on the Japanese bikes (Typically, Goldwings). I think the trannies can handle the load, but I would be more concerned with wear and tear on the clutch and tires!

Andy

What I had read about the GW units used in Japan was they were developed for get a tow vehicle through the massive traffic congestion there quickly. Once there they were only used for removal of a vehicle blocking a traffic lane and get it off to the side of the road. Not used for any distance.

Seemed to have worked well for them.