Has anyone had problems with their radio not producing sound. When I turn ther key on I hear like a pop and that is all i get. While it was still under warrenty the dealer fixed the volue control oN the handle bars. I checked the fuse. it is good so now I dont know what to do next. :Please help if you can.

Edited by Preacher Dude

Here's the question.

Are you trying to listen through a headset or the speakers?

If you're trying to listen through the speakers you have to have the system set to speakers and not to headset.

I hope this is the solution.

Push the select button until you see "HS" then push either side of the up/down button to change from "HS" to "SP". This is if it's set the way I think it might be.

You know there are TWO fuses that affect the audio system right? One is under the cover on the left side and the other is inside the lower right cowling. Have you checked them both?

Otherwise, have you double checked to be sure that you have it set to external speakers and not HS for headset?

You've been under the fairing to check all connectors are in tight and solid? Did you check to see if any of the cables (even the one going up to the controller) are cut or munged? Pull the fairing off, locate the large connector bundles near the radio box and check those out..

I had a similar problem with mine a while back and for what ever reason, the cables running down around the neck were being squeezed tight (improperly routed by previous owner) and oddly enough seemed like they were being squeezed so tight as to not let the electrons flow.. lol.. But once I rerouted them to take the pressure off, every thing worked perfectly..

Best of luck

if u open the fairing do yourself a favor and get some dielectric grease, put a bead around the rubber channel where each connector is under the fairing. That caused problems for me. I would check to see that the speakers did not come unplugged somewhere...

Where can I get that grease. I had never heard of that kind of grease until I got on here reading the post different ones have put on here. I will trace all the speaker wires if the connections to the wires coming out of the radio and not the problem. I sure do appreciate all the suggestions. Thanks a bunch guys

Where can I get that dielectic grease. I had never hear of that kind of grease until I got on here and read the post different ones have put on here. I will check out the mess of wires coming out of the radio. If that does not take care of the problem then I will trace the speaker wires to see if they come off. Thanks guys for all the info. I really appreciate all the info. Thanks Again

Where can I get that dielectic grease. I had never hear of that kind of grease until I got on here and read the post different ones have put on here. I will check out the mess of wires coming out of the radio. If that does not take care of the problem then I will trace the speaker wires to see if they come off. Thanks guys for all the info. I really appreciate all the info. Thanks Again

You can find it at just about any automotive shop (pep boys, even Wallmart).

I just talked to another dealer about this problem with the radio. He said sound like control on the handle bars is stuck even though it is showing it is changing from speaker to headset. I am taking it in to them in the morning and they will check it out and if it external it will only cost me a max of $50 to fix. He said might be less depending on what is wrong. If it is internal then the radio had to be sent off to be fixed.

:cool10:

Okay, just to clarify. Is it just the radio or is it all audio? Cassette, CB, intercom etc..

And all audio works with the headsets?

There are all kinds of info concerning the radio systems on the bike. I have posted several myself. Read all about the connectors that work loose under the front cowling. Bring up my users name and you will see the posts concerning radio problems and there are more by other members. Good luck in finding the problem. DanC

Any hardware store like "ACE Hardware or home depot carries the dielectic grease. :cool10: DanC

:cool10: There are all kinds of info concerning the radio systems on the bike. I have posted several myself. Read all about the connectors that work loose under the front cowling. Bring up my users name and you will see the posts concerning radio problems and there are more by other members. Good luck in finding the problem. DanC

I have taken every connector loose sprayed them with contact cleaner. Then put the dielectric grease on them. Put it all back together and still nothing through the speakers.

The guy at the dealer told me that the control is possiablly stuck. It will have to be taken apart and somewthing done to it. I am still working on it. Thanks for all the info