IGNORED

Need a battery charger

Guest ReinyRooster

Guest ReinyRooster

Not for the bike....have a Black & Decker Firestorm 12v cordless drill and 2 batteries and the charger crapped out on me....anybody have one of those chargers they wanna part with? Any of the stores that sells them wants the same price as what you pay for a whole new drill!!

Reiny, there is a very good chance all that went is a fuse located inside the charger. Not sure about the B&D units, but I've repaired more than one of the Craftsman units that way. Take the unit apart and lok for a tiny fuse inside. Should cost you about a buck or so to replace as it is aq standard glass miniture fuse...

I have been in that same situation a number of times and I just take a comparable output charger (read on the back of the transformer pack) and wire it to the contacts on my stand - works great!! You can also charge off a 12v car battery (just the battery alone - NOT the car as that is 14.5 V) as long as your pack is 12v or more by doing the same thing.. Just always make sure your going neg to neg, pos to pos!! If you dont know how to check and make sure just ask..

'Puc