IGNORED

Will 2001 RS Venture Exhaust work on a 96 RSTC?

Hello everyone. I'm rolling a 96 RSTC and have started the process of making it mine. I have already picked up a set of Jardine forward controls from a fellow member gunkylump. Next on the list of parts is I'm looking for a set of 2-2-1s (or 4-2-2s depending on how you look at it). I believe the 97 RSTD came with these stock but the closet set I can find is from a 2001 RS Venture. Can anyone answer the question on if these would be a fit or not. I saw a previous thread, from 2009, where pegscraper said the 2-2-1s should bolt right on but I am wondering if anyone has done this and has any lessons learned. Also, if anyone has a set that they are looking to sell, let me know and maybe we can strike a deal. Thanks.

They may fit but I cannot say that I have seen it done. Here is what I do know.

1. The basic engine configuration for the original Royal Stars and the Royal Star Venture are the same, but the Venture has about 20 more horse power.
  2. The header pipes on the Venture are larger diameter than the the original Royal Star , so it is possible that the flange that connects the pipes to the head on the Royal Star Venture may be to large to get the proper fit and seal on the heads of the 96 Royal Star engine.
  3. You will need something like the saddle bag supports from a 98 or later Royal Star Tour Deluxe or Tour Classic to give you the proper place to hang the mufflers, I would not want all that weight just hanging out inspace.
  4. When I got my Venture I had a 98 Royal Star Tour Classic with BUB pipes, I contacted BUB's technical department to see if I could put those pipes on my Venture, they told me no. That could be because the the pipe inside diameter for the 98 are to small for the Venture to breathe properly and not because of a mechanical fitment issue. They did not elaborate, in true BUB fashion it was a one word answer "no."

Let us know what you do and how it works out, good luck.

Very helpful information, thank you. I think right now I'm going to continue to look for a RSTD exhaust. I'm actually only wanting the 2 to 1 part and then I'm going to put a different muffler on it. Thanks again and I'll keep everyone updated.

Edited by CampGobu