IGNORED

Tour Deluxe / Venture Trunk bracket

Wife and I wanted to add a trunk / tour pack for longer trips, to our Tour Deluxe. I bought a trunk bracket from a wrecked late model Venture. First thing I found was that the posts for the latch for the detachable passenger back rest are in the location where two mounting bolts need to be for the Venture bracket. So, I drilled them out from the back, then tapped holes for bolts. The weld from the pins left me with enough metal to get about 4 threads in each hole. I mounted the bracket...then.... I had purchased an aftermarket Harley tour pack as it had the largest capacity of any of the trunks I saw on the internet. It arrived, very nice with passenger back rest. Now my problem. The bottom of the tour pack is formed to fit a different bracket. It isn't just flat. Of course, these inverse ribs don't align with the Venture bracket. Has anyone dealt with this issue?

I put round rubber washers under mine drill couple holes for mounting,drill the metal plate that bolts in the bottom of the tour pac,if yours did not come with one there only 15.00 from harley.The one i put on came off a 2007 ultra.Mine has been on for four years now with no issues works great,glenn

Wife and I wanted to add a trunk / tour pack for longer trips, to our Tour Deluxe. I bought a trunk bracket from a wrecked late model Venture. First thing I found was that the posts for the latch for the detachable passenger back rest are in the location where two mounting bolts need to be for the Venture bracket. So, I drilled them out from the back, then tapped holes for bolts. The weld from the pins left me with enough metal to get about 4 threads in each hole. I mounted the bracket...then.... I had purchased an aftermarket Harley tour pack as it had the largest capacity of any of the trunks I saw on the internet. It arrived, very nice with passenger back rest. Now my problem. The bottom of the tour pack is formed to fit a different bracket. It isn't just flat. Of course, these inverse ribs don't align with the Venture bracket. Has anyone dealt with this issue?

Get ahold of Vic... Lone Eagle. He put a harley trunk on his 2005 TD. I think he ended up using the harley bracket mated to the Venture bracket to get things to fit right...

Hello: I mounted a Harley Tour pack on my RSTD this season. I drilled new holes in the bottom of the tour pack to match the holes in my Wompus rack. I then installed rubber washers about 3/4" thick to make up for the gap between the two. Worked great. My wife and I really like the tour pack.