IGNORED

Beating the tire thing to death

Billet

OK, we have beat this issue to death and I am about ready to dump the Avons and order up some E3's.

We are running 404's on the Wife's Suzuki and they are made in Indonesia. Probably better than China but???

Does anyone volunteer to check their E3's to see where they are from.

Thanks, Gary

What did I miss? Why you dumpin' the Avons?

Mostly because they are about shot.

And even though I have not had a problem, there seems to still be allot of cracking issues with them.

Plus E3's are cheaper and it looks like quite a few Venture Riders love em.

Today I am going to weigh the RSV front and rear wheels separately.

That will be the deal breaker, finding out how much is actually riding on the rear tire.

I do like the fact that the Avons will carry more weight.

Hi I can tell you one thing for sure. The 404s are the worst tire’s I have ever had just over 6000 miles. I have just switched to Avon so far I am really happy with how they feel.

I been running 404's www for 5 years now... ride mostly 2 up ..Taters is a lightweight but, I go over 300lbs...I get around 10,000 miles (or more) on the rears.....I do replace them every spring...needed or not....Its the cost of riding safely on two wheels....all I can say is tire pressure...tire pressure...tire pressure...check it EVERY time you go out....:biker:

I been running 404's www for 5 years now... ride mostly 2 up ..Taters is a lightweight but, I go over 300lbs...I get around 10,000 miles (or more) on the rears.....I do replace them every spring...needed or not....Its the cost of riding safely on two wheels....all I can say is tire pressure...tire pressure...tire pressure...check it EVERY time you go out....:biker:

I agree with Big Tom. Tire pressure and good balancing. I use dyna beads and get over 10k miles on both front and rear on D404s. I keep 42# in the front and 44# in the rear.

:farmer: