IGNORED

BaRBER'S VINITAGE DAY RACES AND SWAP MEET

tazmocycle

I posted this up in meet and eats and here to see what happens. 9147.1 http://www.barbermuseum.org/admission.php

thought i'd post this up and see if any out there wants to come over to barber's and have a little fun on oct 7th, 8th, or 9th. if so i'll look around for a motel with a good rate and post it up for ya'll. i hope to camp out at lest 1 night with my grandson and watch a few races and wander around and look at all the folk at the swap meet. it's gotten pretty big now with several thousand bikes and all kinds of parts. i found a venture owners manual last yr and got it for $3. let me know soon, i'll try to set up a place to meet and eat some good food too.

• 5 weeks later...

i lined up the same motel for next weekend at barbers as for the royal ride-in. $50 a night plus taxes. still have to take a differant exit if coming from the south I65 or n & s I459, you need to get off at galleria mall/hwy 31 exit and go north on hwy 31 for about 3 miles, motel is on right across from arby's. it's about 12 miles to barberes and i have several nice scenic routes to get there or you can hit the interstate and fly right over.

:mytruck1: or :Venture: WE WON'T TELL ON YOU! LOL!!

progress.gif

quality inn

1485 montgomery hwy

birmingham, al 35216

205-823-4300

QualityInn_VH@yahoo.com

just tell them you are with the royal riders group and you will get the discount. i guess you can call the 1-880 # for quality inns and get to them that way too. let me know if you have any troluble with booking.

i'll problly go all 3 days if anybody is coming as i have an annual pass and get in free, one person get in with me for 20% off price.if susan don't go somebody might use her pass to get in on. you can call me at 205-665-5778 hm# or 205-593-6440 my cell#. you can look at the vintage day events listing to see whats going on each day. they have races all day till 8pm and swap meet goes on all the time every day. most are setup by friday and start leaving sunday afternoon. there'll be thousands of bikes of all years and makes and a lot of one of a kind bikes that looks just like factory built. there was a mid 70's kaw 850 6 cylinder 2-stroke that a guy built, when i looked at it i told him i didn't know kaw built a bike like that and he told me he built it out of 2 kaw 750 h2 triples. where he had welded the 2 together, you could see any seam or grinding marks. hope to see ya'll there if the weather turns out good. remember the royal ride-in it was suppose to rain about ever day and we only hit rain a few times all week.

http://www.barbermuseum.org/admission.php

anybody coming to this? i'm having to work friday and some on sat at my regular work unless i can talk someone to take it for me. it seems to happen this way about everytime i line it up. i talked to my boss and he said i was thru with vacation! i told him hell no!! i have 3 weeks total and only took 9m of them so far. just because he works all the time don't mean i have to. i told him a couple of months ago that i wanted off, if he keeps this crap up i going to corporate about it, i've done worked too long and hard to get my vacation time and i'm taking it when i want. i hope to still meet up with anybody thats coming if possible or i can still help any as long as i have my phone on me.

I love swaps. Wish it were closer.. One of the local independant stores used to have one that was a ton of fun, but a larger one I went to a couple of weeks ago was a waste of space. About a 100 sellers, and I never saw so many beat up Harley junque parts that belonged in the dumpster.... ever. Probably won't waste the $6 bucks again...

well, i went ot barber's today and walked around the swap meet for a couple of hrs and saw a lot of things i would like to have but really don't need to start another project till i get a few of this i already got done. i did pick up some good tools that i can use working on my projects. watched a couple of races and seen a few ventures but didn't talk to any of them. just as i cranked up to leave a guy came running up from a mini cooper sitting next to me and said he had a v-max and older royal star. talk a little to him and gave the websites to him. he's from Nj and said he'd come on as soon as he got home. he had already put the dyna on his and said it was the best mod, maked it run a lot better. may go back tomorrow with some other friends and see if i see anymore royals there. i'll post some pics soon, don