IGNORED

Suspension / leveling question

I recently bought the Barons lowering kit and planned on lowering the bike. Since i had to do other things also I started with the front. thanks to the directions in the tech library I was able to lower the front fairly quickly. Now the question. With the front lowered one inch the bike now sits perfectly level. If I install the baron's kit won't that put the back end 1.5 inches lower and throw off the way it sits again? Has anyone lowered just the front? I was lowering it for looks only but now that it sits level I'm thinking that I just cured the slow speed instability problem and I'm not sure if I want to upset it again. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

I did lower the front , and as you mentioned the slow speed handling was improved alot. I for one will not go back to stock height. How lowering the back also will affect it, I can't say. The CG of the bike would be affected and in itself might help , since your lowering it. From what I have read, the links aren't very difficult to do, so 'diving in' with the mod, might be worth a try. And of course your feedback would be of real interest.

Guest KinkyWinks

I lowered the front 7/8" on my bike. It looked like it would be a problem to check or put air in the front shocks if I went lower. The handlebars are real close. I've rode it that way for about 6 months. It's still a fight at driveway speed and getting in and out of the garage. To me, it did not change slow speed handling or Highway speed handling very much, if at all. If it ain't rolling, it's still a pig.

Guest KinkyWinks

If you lowered the rear, any advantage you gained by lowering the front will be lost. When you lower the front you change the geometry, when you lower the rear also, you change it back. However, it will make that big tall sucker shorter and that can't be a bad thing.