IGNORED

Biker Lifestyle Versus Biker Experience

Michael_Bishop

I ran aross this today. I had never seen it ot heard of it.

“Augusta and Adeline Van Buren (related to President van Buren) grew up as Society Girls who eventually married, raise families, and held jobs. But that’s not the whole story. Raised in New York City, they sound like stereotypes of their time. Except that on July 4, 1916 they left from Sheepshead Bay in Brooklyn and trekked west on two Power Plus Indian motorcycles equipped with gas headlights.

Here is the rest.

http://www.cyrilhuzeblog.com/2009/01...er-experience/

A half million miles down the road, I'm still trying to figure out what this "biker experience and lifestyle" is. You meet good and friendly folk on a bike, but then again, you meet enough of those no matter what you drive if you're good and friendly enough yourself. I try hard to remember that's true even for those driving Winnebagos and garbage trucks when I'm trapped behind one. Then again, I got to think trundling down a goat path with a chunk of leather for a drive belt would be waaaay more experience that would weed most of us out in a heatbeat.

I'm not a biker, not even a motorcyclist. I do however, really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really enjoy riding motorcycles.

** PS - Given the choice between a carbide light and a PIAA super white halogen ... I think I'll stick with what I got, ok.