IGNORED

medical insurance for motorcyclists

CaptainJoe

Anyone have medical insurance on their motorcycle policy?

Vaguely remember hearing about one for an additional $100...

Just how good/what is covered on this?.

Paying for my own coverage but have 5000 deductable with 80/20 split after that, so, a medical bill of 105,000 would end up costing me $25,000...

Not sure what mine is, but I know have full 100/300 coverage on both bikes, and I think the medical is 5000 per individual. Between my hospitalization policy, homeowners policy, supplimental policy, and my MC policy, I'm comfortable with my coverage. The key here is to have underinsured coverage. Un(x)insured won't help you a lot if the other driver is at fault and he doesn't have insurance or 15/30 minium coverage.......

Unless you are paying extra for it your M/C insurance wont help you as the driver.If you are hit by someone else their coverage will take care of you up to the limits then your personal medical coverage kicks in unless you are with one of those companys that wont cover motorcycle related accidents.This is so big a problem the AMA is continually lobbying congress to address it.They passed a law several years ago that if you were on a legal form of transportation they couldn't discriminate but they still do.

Our bills from our recent accident due to a blown rear tire are going to amount to close to $200,000.00. My wife has AFLAC and the passenger coverage from the M/C and I have Colonial Life supplementals as well as regular medical from our jobs or we would be sunk.

When I replace the bike I will be looking into driver's medical on my motorcycle insurance.