IGNORED

Radio install

trioak01

I am a new guy to the site. I have a 1983 venture that I would like to put a radio in. Had a friend find me a stock radio with intercom to install. Now what else do I need? Radio looks like it was just unplugged from the motorcycle it came off of. No wires or anything. Thanks.

Kirk

Is your 83 a Royale? Might have plugs there to plug in. If it is Standard you got some work to do. I'll wait for the Pros. All I've ever put in the Standards is radio with Cassette and CB with splitter. Almost forgot WELCOME!!! This could be the best 12 bucks you could ever spend.

Well prob the only hard bit apart from mounting the thing, is the main wiring loom , on a car its called the iso connector which is part of the loom and would plug directly into the Audio unit . If you dont have this you will need to wire it up from the fuse box or directly from the battery for a permanent live with inline fuse, and ignition for the switched live . Cheers Edge

I have decided that installing this radio is going to be a major undertaking since I don't have any of the plugs or wires for the radio. have decided to go with installing a mp3 player and maybe a cb. If any one would like an original Gen 1 radio with cassette and intercom let me know. Thanks for all the help

Kirk