I have the 86 and it is doing ok. It has sat in the garage for the last 5 weeks while I recover from another hernia surgery.

Ok throttle is a little stiff. Also have to really crank hard for wide open throttle. Cables appear to be in stock location. There is a differance if the bars are turned left or right.

I have not checked anything much yet really. I did notice when I put the carbs back on the attempting WOT the bracket at the carbs actually deflects and moves some. There is nothing stuck or stiff in the carb assembly. worked great by hand when rebuilding and reinstalling them.

Am planning on lubeing the cables up with my cable ease stuff.

Wondering what all fairng pieces I have to remove to get to the cruise control cable box and if people have issues with the routing of the cables especially in the triple tree area.

Thanks everybody.

Wow people maybe I should have misspelled a word in the title?

Anyone ever noticed deflection in the carb bracket where the throttle cable comes in and has there every been any time people felt the throttle cables were not in the best locaton?

Thanks everybody, I hope

I just had to fiddle with mine due to a slow return of the throttle. One reason is due to the Vboost the carbs are 3/4" higher and the pull cable is against the frame. But I found two other places that had issues. One was the pull cable at the throttle was frayed, replaced it. Other was a misalignment of the cables into the junction box. This one seemed to clear up the slow return the most.

Also, verify cruise portion of junction box is reassembled correct, it would be easy to assemble wrong.

Gary

Also, verify cruise portion of junction box is reassembled correct, it would be easy to assemble wrong.

Gary

I did not need to open that up daring the rebuild because the long cylinder that attaches to the carb bracket that the throttle cable go into had come loose. So loosing the the adjustment at the lower cable gave plenty of slack.

I actually like this being broke because it makes the carbs alot easier to remove and replace and also does not appear to be the problem. It pops back in good and feels totally correct with out binding, but it is the bracket that deflects under wot.