IGNORED

Highway of Heroes, Repatriation and Rally

Ozmonster

This one will be of particular interest to the Ontario members, and any ex-service members, like myself, out there. As most of you have probably heard, the "Red Fridays" group has succeeded in getting the Ontario government to re-designate the 172 Kms stretch of Hwy 401 between Canadian Forces Base Trenton and Toronto, as "The Highway of Heroes". As this is the route the bodies of our fallen soldiers take, upon repatriation to home and their families. On May 17th 2008, Red Fridays, the Ontario Government, and the Canadian Forces is holding a Repatriation Memorial and Rally in honour of the re-naming of this stretch of the highway. I've already signed up to ride in the event, and seeing as the scoot is RED, have signed up for one of the 70 "Lead Vehicle" positions, one position for each of our fallen to date. I'm posting this to bring this worth while event to other riders attention, and hoping others will join me in honouring our fallen, and to show our continued support for our troops and the sacrifises that they and their families are making. I've included the link for the event, and look forward to seeing many others out there in May. I'm also sure that any of our American riders that are interested would not be turned away, as the overall message of this event is "SUPPORT" for our troops, all the troops involved in the war on Terror.

http://www.redfridays.ca/rdr/index.htm

Sounds like a very worthwhile cause. I wish I could come and help support the troops but I'm working in Tx. Right now. However I would Like to thank you for showing your support,and I would like to tell you that I appreciate the service of each of your fellow countrymen.God bless them,:bighug: and thank you.

Guest BluesLover

Our local Southern Cruisers Chapter is planning on attending this. Likely take the Friday off and ride down to Belleville/Trenton, and then head back in this direction on the Saturday as part of the ride.

By the way, I've been trying to wear red on Fridays as often as I can over the past 5-6 months ... it's starting to catch on.

Cheers,

Sounds like a very worthwhile cause. I wish I could come and help support the troops but I'm working in Tx. Right now. However I would Like to thank you for showing your support,and I would like to tell you that I appreciate the service of each of your fellow countrymen.God bless them,:bighug: and thank you.
rick;if the weather,would be deasen,we could,do it in a long week,i'm sure we could spong,off sume of our brothers,for coffee,maybe a DQ,maybe 4000 mls round trip

what do you thank charlie

:confused24::detective:

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to add an update on this event. The dates have been changed to 31 May 08, as the original date would have fallen on a long weekend, and the organizers and the local police do not want to have any problems with traffic disruption. All information is on the web site, as well there is now rumours of them limiting the number of participants to 1000 vehicles. This means that if you plan on attending you had best sign up. Looking forward to seeing as many riders as possible out there.

Jim