Have an 85 VR. I just restored the trunk, is/was there some kind of strap or cable that keeps the lid from flopping all the way over onto passengers seat? I was thinking of attaching some kind of cable but thought I would ask here first in hopes to get some creative ideas on how others have done.

Have an 85 VR. I just restored the trunk, is/was there some kind of strap or cable that keeps the lid from flopping all the way over onto passengers seat? I was thinking of attaching some kind of cable but thought I would ask here first in hopes to get some creative ideas on how others have done.

I can't recall on the MK I (83-85) but the MK II (86-93) did.

nope there is nothing on my 85 either, and its one of those things ive wanted to do ,but.....:confused24:

I was thinking of just attaching a small length of chrome chain just long enough to stay open, but not fall over the top.

Brian

I was thinking of just attaching a small length of chrome chain just long enough to stay open, but not fall over the top.
The trunk on my 90 VR has two folding hinges to keep it from falling open. The saddlebag lids are a different story though. They currently have a couple of bootlaces holding them on and they need to be tucked in every time the lids are put back on. I was also thinking of replacing them with chains so they would fall in on their own when attaching the lids.