IGNORED

I finally bought a Carburetor Syncronizer

twigg

Okay ... I cracked. Having used a home made manometer for some time, generally with a decent amount os success, I cracked and bought a Motion Pro Sync Tool.

It wasn't my first choice, but it was available and reasonably priced. I wanted a Morgans Carbtune, but I didn't want the wait.

Set up of the tool was a breeze with clear instructions, and calibrating it was equally easy.

I went to this trouble because I have had some difficulty getting the bike to idle correctly after a fast run. On the driveway it is fine, but when it's very hot the revs do not want to fall below 3000rpm, 2500 after I tweaked the Idle Mixture a little.

There are no vacuum leaks and the carbs are clean. Even with my manometer I was suspicious that the carbs were out of sync. It only takes one of the four to cause a high idle.

So ... Tool calibrated, engine hot and tubes fitted to inlet tracts ...

Whoah!

One carb had vacuum so high it was almost sucking the fluid out of the top of the clear tube. A quick adjusment brought that into line. The right bank only needed a slight tweak and the two banks together weren't too bad, but got the tweak they needed.

After a final adjustment of the idle speed, all seemed much smoother.

I will run it later and see if the problem has gone, or at least improved, but I have to say that the whole process took less than 10 minutes once the motor was warm, and I would happily recommend the Motion Pro tool.

It does seem to work decently well.