IGNORED

turn signal suggestions

Sideoftheroad

If you have a light bar, are the turn signals the stock ones and just relocated to the lightbar? The lightbar was already on the bike when I bought it.

Had an oops moment yesterday. I was taking off the old front amber lense (clutch side) to put on a new clear one. One screw was stubborn and didn't want to come out. The lense itself eventually broke and so did the screw. Unfortunately It broke pretty flush with the part that it screws into in the turn signal housing so only option was to drill out the screw.

I will say that I am usually good at drilling out old bolts and such. Well this is one time I wasn't. I didn't have the correct angle so ended up drilling out completely part of the hole the screw goes into.

So the option I see is replace the turn signal housing. I also want to get another amber lense in case I ever want to go back to stock or go to LED signals (thanks Freebird for the input on matching led color to lense for brightness). Are the front and rear signal housing interchangable?

Any suggestions?

Edited by Sideoftheroad

If the light bar is the Yamaha one then yes the turn signals are the stock OEM ones. The turn signals hang directly under the driving lights. I belive the rear and front are the same other than maybe one is a two prong (run/turn) and one is only one prong (turn).

The housing may be the same but the wire colors are not but that can be changed out(the guts of the wire and socket). I had to do that to one of mine.

The pinch bolts are on the bottom so the right rear should be the same as the left front.

The right front should be the same as the left rear. Otherwise the pinch bolts would face up not down. Hope that helps.

I beleive that I have a housing but I have no time to ship it due to going out of town to Cody.

Bubber