IGNORED

Darksider... Not quite

CaptainJoe

Bought a Kumho powerstar and finally tore the bike down and placed CT on rear rim.

Couldn't get it to take air so went to Halls tire.

They sprayed with CRC and hit it with a tire seater(large volume of air in an extreemly short burst!

well it partially seated.

they to took it up to 70psi.

still partial seat.

they repeated this process several times bumping the pressure up to 80 psi until i finally said I'll 'take it home let it sit in the truck bed in this 95 deg heat and see it it seats.

welp... it didn't

I took tire back, they put some tire goo all around tire and rim and still only achieved a partial seat in numerous tries... 45 min worth of trying...

finally concluded I did not want to get anyone hurt and it just wasn't worth it...

My old motorcycle tire re-seated at 30 psi.

Observations:

1. There is a raised lip on the innerside of the motorcycle rim. A car rim does not have this and in fact is rounded over.

2. Both MC and CT are 15 inches at widest part of inner tire.

3. A MC tire sidewall is thicker (3ply).

4. There is a different angle on the narrowest part of inner tire(sharper on the MC tire).

Learned a long time ago if you find yourself swimming upstream and you aren't making any progress sometimes its best not to push it.

Going to Cody next thursday and can bring tire along if anyone wants it for $50

Reason I was putting CT on, was I've only got 4-5/32nds tread left on front and back tires and didn't think I could ride out and back (+4000 miles) on the dunlop 404's as I already have 7800 mile on them. Last week I ordered a Dunlop E3 for front and will now have to order an E3 rear tire.

Oh well... it's not going to get here in time, so, I believe I will trailer the RSV on my harbor freight trailer rated for 1200 lbs. towed behind the 2009 Toyota Corolla. I guess it isn't all bad as in this heat an AC will be much appreciated.

:backinmyday:

Edited by CaptainJoe

I will admit mounting a CT on the MT rim is "FUN" LOL. I have mounted two of the kuhmo tires and had to put A LOT of tire GUPE/Lube on the tire and but the presure up to around 90-100. it will set but takes some working. Heating the tire in the sun and then mounting would make it much easier.

Have fun out in cody.