IGNORED

Progressive Front Fork Springs & Rear Shock Replacement

I have a 1988 Venture and would like to replace the front fork springs and the rear shock with the progressive product (unless someone has another alternative to the darned expensive rear shock, mine won't hold air).

I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but I've searched all over the site and need some help, so if you have a link to this question (which I'm sure has been answered already) please send me the link!

I need to know what the procedure is to replace them.

Thank you in advance!

Shane

Are you sure it's the rear shock leaking, and not the hose and/or the valve body?? My rear shock wouldn't hold air, I finally got under the bike and pulled the shock off. After checking all of the hose fitting o-rings, no leak was found. I did have a bad o-ring in the rear shock solenoid of the valve body. It is a pain to do, but check all of the o-rings between the shock and the valve body, even the ones in the body itself. It just might save you several hundred dollars.

Or, if you have the cash, just buy a new Progressive rear shock, and be done with it!! Life is all about choices!! :)