IGNORED

Hole in Steering Head

While pulling & greasing the steering head bearings, I found a small (3/16) hole leading to the upper frame member. Can anyone think of a good reason not to plug this hole. The thought is to put a zerk fitting on the side of the head and be done with pulling this bugger apart to grease the bearings.

I think the hole is there to releave pressure while assembling the frame. Since the frame is complete - plug the hole.

While pulling & greasing the steering head bearings, I found a small (3/16) hole leading to the upper frame member. Can anyone think of a good reason not to plug this hole. The thought is to put a zerk fitting on the side of the head and be done with pulling this bugger apart to grease the bearings.

I think the hole is there to releave pressure while assembling the frame. Since the frame is complete - plug the hole.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=45540&highlight=hole+steering

Thanks Royalstar. I hate being old. That being said, everyday has something new.

Not a problem. I tend to read a lot and I rembered something about that hole. Just went to second Generation section and searched for "steering hole" and it showed up :detective: