IGNORED

Low volume in passenger controls

Kirby

Ok here's the problem. When I turn up the volume to about 15 on the radio control, that's about as high as I need to go without being too loud in my headsets. At the same time my wife has to turn hers( the rear control) to max to be able to hear at all when we are out riding. I thought it might be in the helmet but it does this with different helmets. I've even taken one helmet and hooked it up to the front, adjusted the volume to where it almost too loud for me, unhooked it and plugged it in to the rear, and still have to turn it to max to be able to hear anything. This is on a 09 RSV. I thought it might be in the connections in the fairing, so I took them all apart, inspected , cleaned, put on some dielectric grease, but the problem remains. Really don't want to take it back to the stealer, I've been burned too many times! I guess I need also to mention, it's not got anything to do with the brand of headsets since I've tried IMC, Edsets, and some really cheap brands. The result is always the same. Anyone else had this problem???? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I'll have to check this on my bike when I get home. I've never actually listened through the rear headsets but my wife has never complained about low volume.

I also don't remember for sure but isn't there a "fade" in the audio controls? I wonder if you have too much of the sound going to the front and not to the rear.