IGNORED

5 wire to 4 wire conversion

Burninator

The 5th wire (Blue) is for the backup lights. It is used mainly on trailers that have brakes to release the solinoid that released the brakes. Male and female will fit on one another but leave the extra pin uncovered. Woint hurt anything. If the trailer has the 5 pin just take a wire and find your wire for the reverse lights and put a bullet connector on the vehicle end. Put this on the 5th pin on the connector. If the 5 pin is on the vehicle side and the trailer has the 4 pin then slide it on and away you got. I am assuming that both the connectors are the flat type and not the round?

use a 5 wire to 4 wire converter adapter , you can get one from any auto supply store

on the bike side

left turn to the yellow

rite turn to the green

stop to the red

tail to the brown

ground to the white

on the trailer side

left to the yellow

rite to the green

tail to the brown

ground to the white

yep , napa or any RV center like campers world , it cost a lot more but are worth it , i think i have one at the store if you are not in a rush , if you want me to i'll check and give you a price tomorrow nite

thom

oops , just saw where you are from , be cheaper to get it from campers world or napa on line .i'll get you a part # or make and mo#

• 1 month later...

I purchased a solid state relay/isolator that converts 5 pin to 4 pin. I got it from a company that sells on Ebay. It cost me $24 plus shipping. Today I finished wiring and testing it. It works great and fits nicely under the seat on my 86 Venture. Now I am wating impatiently for the snow to disappear so I can hook up my camper trailer and take it for a test drive.

Thanks to everyone for the helpful advice.