IGNORED

toll road around austin

Aimhigh

Heading up to Branson MO on Friday...really don't like the traffic going through Austin. Is it worth taking the toll road that goes around Austin? Does anyone know how much it would cost if you got on the first opportunity (from San Antonio) and staying on all the way to where it joins up again with I35? we will be riding the bike, pulling a trailer. appreciate any help you can offer.

Jim I think there are 6 gates at $1.50 for a car or bike. Hope your pegs are working out for you. If you get a chance on switchblades it gives alot more room for your feet,Went to Junction today VIA Fredericksburg,avgerage 78MPH and I WAS COMFY!!!!!!! Wife got a little ticked 138 miles went thru 4 towns and made it right at 1.3/4 hrs. Im ready for CODY!!

It's well worth the 7 bucks or so. A lot of the booths are closed so if you don't have a toll tag just drive on through the traps on the main road and they'll send you a bill in the mail. You'll be able to jump on in Buda/Kyle and get off north of Georgetown.

It's nothing like some of the toll roads in Houston that still have heavy traffic.

Aim High, I live in Round Rock and I use the toll now and then.

The way the plate is on the venture the camera doesn't pick up the number.

I have been waiting for my pay by mail but for over a year I haven't recieved a bill.

From here:

TxTag makes paying tolls on Central Texas toll roads simple and fast.There's no stopping or slowing down to pay, no waiting in line at a toll booth and no searching for change. Devices above the toll road send a signal to the microchip inside the electronic TxTag sticker and automatically deduct the toll from your prepaid TxTag account. Plus, drivers with a TxTag receive a 10% discount on tolls in Central Texas.

You can get your TxTag online or by phone at 1-888-GoTxTag. TxTags are also available at mainline toll plazas.

TxTag is accepted throughout Texas, so you can use it in Central Texas, plus Dallas, Houston and Tyler. The Dallas/Fort Worth area TollTag and theHouston EZ TAG are also accepted on Austin area toll roads.

No toll tag? No problem. Drivers without an electronic toll tag are also welcome to use the express lanes on Austin area toll roads. When a driver does not stop to pay at a toll booth, cameras above the toll lanes will photograph the license plate, and the vehicle owner will receive a monthly bill for toll charges. We call it "Pay By Mail."

The Pay By Mail toll rates are one-third more than TxTag rates to offset the costs related to processing the license plate information. Also, a $1 fee is applied to each monthly bill for non-tag customers.

Austin drivers also have the option to pay with cash at a toll booth or coin machine.

Here are the rates.

http://www.texastollways.com/austintollroads/img/rates.png

$3.60 per plaza if pulling a trailer. Ouch. I count 5 plazas on their route map.

I ran through on my Tour Deluxe and got a camera bill.

I also ran through on the Houston toll roads while towing a trailer and got a three-axle bill.

Hope this helps!

Dave

Jim I think there are 6 gates at $1.50 for a car or bike. Hope your pegs are working out for you. If you get a chance on switchblades it gives alot more room for your feet,Went to Junction today VIA Fredericksburg,avgerage 78MPH and I WAS COMFY!!!!!!! Wife got a little ticked 138 miles went thru 4 towns and made it right at 1.3/4 hrs. Im ready for CODY!!

Was Deb with you? If so, I certainly understand why she would be upset with you!

Decided we will use the toll around Austin. We went to AAA today to get the tag, but it takes a few days to get the one for a motorcycle, so we will just let them send us the bill this time. Upon our return, I think I will order one for the bike and the car...I am sick of Austin traffic...hoping it will come in handy to get around Houston, too...what a nightmare that place is!

I drove through there about a month and a half ago. I didn't have change and I definitely didn't have the 'pass' device. When I went through the first toll booth, there was no one on duty. But, there was a sign that said "No change, no problem. We'll send you a bill". I assumed they take a pic of your license plate and process the bill. Still haven't gotten a bill yet. Maybe because I had out of state plates...

My wife and I are going to Eureka Springs next week over the 23rd, 24th, 25th and then heading to Branson Mo also. I took the Austin toll this past winter I just drove thru and took the hwy 71 exit, no traffic. Few weeks later we get the bill and we were riding my RSV with sidecar.

Rick A. (Sidecar)

:Venture:

I drove through there about a month and a half ago. I didn't have change and I definitely didn't have the 'pass' device. When I went through the first toll booth, there was no one on duty. But, there was a sign that said "No change, no problem. We'll send you a bill". I assumed they take a pic of your license plate and process the bill. Still haven't gotten a bill yet. Maybe because I had out of state plates...

I heard about that...seems the billing thing works only on Texas plates...how about I borrow your plates for a couple of weeks?

My wife and I are going to Eureka Springs next week over the 23rd, 24th, 25th and then heading to Branson Mo also. I took the Austin toll this past winter I just drove thru and took the hwy 71 exit, no traffic. Few weeks later we get the bill and we were riding my RSV with sidecar.

Rick A. (Sidecar)

:Venture:

That is the way it was explained to me...we are going to give it a whirl.

Was Deb with you? If so, I certainly understand why she would be upset with you!

Decided we will use the toll around Austin. We went to AAA today to get the tag, but it takes a few days to get the one for a motorcycle, so we will just let them send us the bill this time. Upon our return, I think I will order one for the bike and the car...I am sick of Austin traffic...hoping it will come in handy to get around Houston, too...what a nightmare that place is!

Heck no She wasnt..I only drive like that when She aint lookin. Im telling you though the work I had done PLUS the Centramatic wheel balancers is out of this world comfort!