IGNORED

Tire pressure ?

star4772

This is VERY dependent on what tires you have and how heavily the bike is loaded. And independent of the specific tires, I have found that an over-inflated rear tire makes the RSV unstable in long, fast sweepers if it is heavily loaded and there are any bumps in the road.

If you have Brickstone tires, the best tire pressure is zero (the most effective thing you can do with those POS skins is to stick 'em with an ice pick).

If you have Dunlop E3s, the max pressure for the rear is 40, and that is where I would keep that tire all the time. Front tire abut 34 if all my riding was solo and moderate load, 38 for loaded touring.

The Avon Venom rear tire has an 80H load/speed rating (do NOT buy the V rated version of the same tire), and a max sidewall pressure of 50. In my experience, keeping 50 in this tire produces very poor handling under high load, but lowering it to 48 cures all ills. If all my riding was solo and unloaded, I'd probably run the rear Avon at 45, but for mixed riding or heavy touring, I'd just always keep it at 48 - never higher.

Goose