IGNORED

How do I lube my clutch handle?

I know when it's time to change my front brake fluid when the handle feels "notchy" and the braking isn't smooth. You're probably feeling the same thing with your clutch.

thats it exactly. NOTCHY.

I squeeze the break and you get a lil pressure but you want more so you squeeze mor and the front dives because you gave it too much. Almost like a rusty tool clearing some of the rust when oiled up.:think:

thats it exactly. NOTCHY.

I squeeze the break and you get a lil pressure but you want more so you squeeze mor and the front dives because you gave it too much. Almost like a rusty tool clearing some of the rust when oiled up.:think:

Mine was exactly the same way on the brake side a few weeks ago, so we hit it with a little carb cleaner and some WD-40 as stated above, and tightened it all up and now it brakes very smooth. No more "notching". But if the fluids in the reserve windows look anything less than clear, it would be best to speed bleed them and replace with some new DOT 5.1.

My bike is the 96 tc so the manuals may be different but just reading mine it says to use DOT4 and use chain lube on pivot points every 4K miles. That includes brake and clutch lever pivot, foot brake pivot,sidestand, sidestand switch,shifter peadal,.

Now that I have read this I think I will change my rear drive oil, and lube up the brake caliper as well.

My bike is the 96 tc so the manuals may be different but just reading mine it says to use DOT4 and use chain lube on pivot points every 4K miles. That includes brake and clutch lever pivot, foot brake pivot,sidestand, sidestand switch,shifter peadal,.

Now that I have read this I think I will change my rear drive oil, and lube up the brake caliper as well.

Chain lube....hmmmm....haven't thought of that. I'll give it a try.

And FYI, DOT 5.1 wasn't around in '96, but it withstands heat much better than its predecessors and is approved for the RSV. Just sayin....:)

http://[img]http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh221/muaymendez/IMAG0236.jpg[/img] Im just gonna show this picture again. I didnt think it was supposed to look like this and it only took. approx 7 ounces of fluid and 20 min to flush and get the whole system clean. Clutch and brake.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh221/muaymendez/IMAG0236.jpg

She is the sexiest dog on the block. and what a well behaved Beagle. Our breeders warned us about Beagles always wandering. She tests the waters everywhile. Going into the neigbors yard but shes usually watching what Im doing and allerting me if anyone is getting close as I wrench. Im glad you Noticed. I love this picture even more now. ,LOL

Next time Ill try to aim the mirror at the next door neighbors window!!!