IGNORED

A long gone custom?

Z Factor

The dealership I originally bought my VR from has since shut down after the last hurricane damaged it one too many times. Anyway, when I needed to bring my bike in for service they allowed me to borrow a motorcycle trailer as long as I left my DL & CC until I returned it. The place I am currently thinking of taking it to for service said they will come and pick up my bike, but of course for a towing fee. While that is ok, I am wondering if my old dealers policy is still going on in other sections of the state/country? It seemed like a nice customer service gesture at the very least.

What are your experiences?

I got free towing once from one dealer to another, 60 miles, last spring.

They have a big truck & were going to be in the area anyway.

Also, they made some $$ on the work/parts.

$2500. in carbs, diaphragms, tank, tires, tune-up, etc, & other dealers tell me I got reasonable prices.

It was worth it to me to keep working on my own stuff.

The dealership I originally bought my VR from has since shut down after the last hurricane damaged it one too many times. Anyway, when I needed to bring my bike in for service they allowed me to borrow a motorcycle trailer as long as I left my DL & CC until I returned it. The place I am currently thinking of taking it to for service said they will come and pick up my bike, but of course for a towing fee. While that is ok, I am wondering if my old dealers policy is still going on in other sections of the state/country? It seemed like a nice customer service gesture at the very least.

What are your experiences?

My Dealer is my neighbor he just rides it in and brings it back. Now THTAT's service! I have a feeling he doesn't do that for everyone:confused24:

I am not someone who expects something for nothing, but if the dealer is going to get my business, lending me the trailer so I can bring it in at my convience is a nice thing to do. This new place acts like they don't even like working on "old bikes" so who knows what other wonderful customer support I can expect from them. :(

I can imagine that if I were a dealer and a new guy came in asking to use a trailer (that I would be liable for if anything happened) I might be a little leery of going along. Now once a relationship has been developed, I would probably be more willing to risk a little more.