IGNORED

Flag Mount For Bag Rails

mashley

I couldn't remember if I had already posted this or not, did a search and couldn't find anything. I installed these a few years ago right before Vogel and haven't had any problems with them. These are flag mounts for Harley Davidson Saddle Bag Rails. They fit on RSV and RSTD bag rails with no modification. Just have to remove the bags to install them. I have small flags on them now that I use for long trips, but they came with bigger ones. They cost me about $ 100 each at a little shop I found. They come with an American Flag, POW flag and a crossbones flag. They are made by Kuryakyn, Part# 4208.

Here is the website is you want further info:

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/854/Side-Mount-Flags-Kit

Just thought I would share with everyone.

Edited by mashley

Guest scarylarry

Star has the mounts for 25.00 each and you don't have be a member to buy the mount or certain flags...

These are the ones that mount on the luggage rack..

I made my own, sold 'em (for a lot less than $100) to a member here when I swapped for my Wing.They weren't chrome, made them out of aluminum. Used 3/8" aluminum rod for the flag staffs. Bought two of the flags that mount on a car window top edge, threw away the plastic staffs,mounted the flags on my homemade staffs.

I also made up two 3/4" pvc pipe lengths with caps that I could slide down over the wrapped flags, protected the flags when I was on a long ride. Made the pipes just the right length to stow them in a saddle bag when I was flying the flags.

Wasn't real difficult to make, just had to figure out what would work, experiment a little bit. Kinda like taking a motorcycle trip, it's not the destination as much as the journey.

you can see my previous post providing the link to the flag pole in the star mall. BTW it the bottom is stamped M&J Enterprises

I too attempted to make my own mount. I bought a couple old antenna mounts for goldwings and mounted them under the trunk by removing the rubber covers. For the pole I bought what is called a stair rod (just like a curtain rod but smaller). It had a ferrel on each side so all I had to do was cut it in half and walla you have 2 flag poles. The pole diameter is just a hair smaller than the hole for the goldwing antenna mounts so I had to cut a thread on the bottom of the rod. Thread 1 nut, insert pole through hole and thread another nut for the bottom to hold it all in place. It all worked well except when riding around town. No matter what I tried I couldn't get the pole from swaying in the wind. A little I don't mind but it had a lot. Really couldn't get the issue fixed so I took it off and bought the ones from the STAR Mall. Mounting under the trunk wasn't my 1st choice but couldn't figure out how to mount them to the trunk rack.