IGNORED

cb radio

w.steve wells

i know its been discussed here many times but''''' it has been stated here tha the ant. for the cb shold be on the riders left well the one on my 06rsv is on the right and seems to work great, the 10"s is on the riders left and the cb basically does noot work from looking at the cables i can see any dfference btwen the teo without removing everythin nd tracing the cables isthere any way to decide whick cable is wich, the fm radio apears to wrk fine i'm lost ??? thanks for any help steve

The FM will work fine with the CB antenna. Receiving isn't the problem. If you transmit on the non-CB antenna the CB will not work and may be damaged.

The CB antenna must be tuned so that the great majority of the signal goes out and doesn't get reflected back at the transmitter. If you get most of the signal reflected back at the transmitter you can burn out the transmitter.

Follow the cable from the left (sitting on the bike) antenna and it should go to the plastic box under the trunk... That is your CB. You shouldn't have to trace cables very far to see if it goes to the CB.

Follow the cable from the left (sitting on the bike) antenna and it should go to the plastic box under the trunk... That is your CB. You shouldn't have to trace cables very far to see if it goes to the CB.

Since Big Tom didn't say what he sent in the PM, and for others that find this thread...

Not quite, You say your CB antenna is on the right, so follow that cable and it should go to the plastic box under the trunk.

What we're both trying to say is, the CB antenna must be connected to the CB box under the trunk.

The antenna itself should work from either side of the bike, you'll just have to explain yourself at every venture gathering.:stickpoke:

Later, Scooter Bob