IGNORED

RSTD bars on a RSV

I know this has been doscussed, but I couldn`t find the post. I just got a set of TD handle bars from Phoneman and am wondering if the throtle cables will need to be relocated or is it a simple swap? I don`t want to get it tore apart and not have it ready to ride to work in the morning, so any info would be great...I might even buy ya a Blizzard!!!

Thanks, Kreg

I know this has been doscussed, but I couldn`t find the post. I just got a set of TD handle bars from Phoneman and am wondering if the throtle cables will need to be relocated or is it a simple swap? I don`t want to get it tore apart and not have it ready to ride to work in the morning, so any info would be great...I might even buy ya a Blizzard!!!

Thanks, Kreg

Doesn`t look like any one has done this....

Kreg,

I suspect Gunboat's 2 wheel '99, unknown to him, has RSTD bars on it. When I went to pick it up and got on it I thought it had the 1-1/2" risers on it, but it does not, but the pull back is there. The grips may be even a little farther back than with the risers on RSV bars. There are some other indications that they are not RSV bars, too. I have not yet had the chance to park my RSV next to it to compare cables, but from what I have seen, all the cables were stock, and there is no problem there.

BTW the new DQ around the corner from us is now OPEN!!! :178:

Edited by wes0778
add DQ info

Thanks Walt, I have rode Don`s old `99 but can`t remember about the Bars, it does look like there is enough slack on the cables, but just wanted to make sure before I tear it all apart... We may have to pop in on ya one of these days and check out that DQ...The Blizzard is on me!!

Kreg

Kreg,

I suspect Gunboat's 2 wheel '99, unknown to him, has RSTD bars on it. When I went to pick it up and got on it I thought it had the 1-1/2" risers on it, but it does not, but the pull back is there. The grips may be even a little farther back than with the risers on RSV bars. There are some other indications that they are not RSV bars, too. I have not yet had the chance to park my RSV next to it to compare cables, but from what I have seen, all the cables were stock, and there is no problem there.

BTW the new DQ around the corner from us is now OPEN!!! :178:

will do, I don`t think its gonna be that big of job, but was not sure on the throttle cables..I may do this Sat. or better yet Friday after work, as it s`pose to rain Friday...

K

Hey Kreg,

If you get this handled please post a run down and review. I'm real curious to see how it turns out. Pics too if you can.

Thanks and good luck

Frank

Do you know if the handle grip angle is different? I find the RSV grip angle to be too far inward for my big hands.. Best way to explain this.. If you're sitting on the bike, place your hands on the grips.. I'd love to have it angled more so that the tips are more forward, making the grips a bit more perpendicular to the bike's axis.. (does this make sense?) I find I have to twist my wrists outwards to meet the current bar grip angle, thereby making the heel of my hands sore after a 12 hour ride.. Does the RSTD bar have a different angle, or any other aftermarket bar?

really not sure yet, as I have not installed the TD bars yet, waiting on bar weights to get here, I will try and take a good before and after pic, to hopefully show this.

Kreg

Do you know if the handle grip angle is different? I find the RSV grip angle to be too far inward for my big hands.. Best way to explain this.. If you're sitting on the bike, place your hands on the grips.. I'd love to have it angled more so that the tips are more forward, making the grips a bit more perpendicular to the bike's axis.. (does this make sense?) I find I have to twist my wrists outwards to meet the current bar grip angle, thereby making the heel of my hands sore after a 12 hour ride.. Does the RSTD bar have a different angle, or any other aftermarket bar?

really not sure yet, as I have not installed the TD bars yet, waiting on bar weights to get here, I will try and take a good before and after pic, to hopefully show this.

Kreg

You can sit on Roxie Saturday and get an early preview.

Dave

After riding my sons RSTD - i considered performing this swap back in 2008.

I seem to recall a thread - several years ago - that mentioned this..

dont' recall if the cables are the same - but a trip thru a parts catalog comparing part #'s between the 2 bikes should confirm.

i do recall the person who did the swap had a comment / mild complaint that the TD bars did put his hands outside the RSV fairing - and right into the wind......