IGNORED

How long is a good ride?

halfwitt

Guest KitCarson
hey kit you have plenty of time to get ready for the eureka springs meet in sept..hope to see you there. it will be a real hoot.bill :)

I think I will!! I assume you are talking about Little Switzerland? Arwkansas!!! The mountains the absolutely wonderful views.......perfect temp that time of year........as it gets closer........someone remind me........yes I will look forward to that one. Kit

A lot of good information. Thank you to all who contributed their thoughts and experiences. The lesson I take away is that I should go on some group rides that OTHERs plan, organize and lead first. Then see what I can do on my own. For the ride I mapped, I think I'll look for 2-3 semi-local VRs and go in a small group.

Thanks again. I look forward to riding in a group that one of you organizes!

This past September our group (Road Riders for Jesus) rode from West Virginia to Missouri for a National Rally. It was my idea to ride in one day, which we did with stops every 100 miles or so. We all made it fine, but found that we rode by some interesting sights & great scenery which you have to if you are going to make 600 + miles in a day.

Planning for next year & reflecting back, we'll break up travel to a little over 300 miles per day. This will allow us to relax & smell the roses. Just my thoughts.

If you do plan a ride toward Charleston, WV let me know & we'll show you some local sights! Terry

:farmer: