IGNORED

Going to be long weekend

royalstar09

Reality has finally set in. My Son leaves Tuesday May 17Th for Ft Benning Ga. He has graduated high School, is turning 18, and leaving for the Army at the same time. I have 2 sons of which both now are out of High School. Both hold Diplomas. Both are turning into 2 of the best young adults I have had an honor in raising. At 18, and 19 yrs old they have been with me full time since they were 1 and 2. For 17 years they have been my everything. Now both are young men on their own. Pride and emptiness have hit me at once. As a Father who has raised his children without a active Mother for 17 years we have bonded in ways that cannot be described. From there first diaper change, to kindergarten graduation, and now onto manhood we have done it together and I could not be any more proud of them then I am right now. Sure gonna be empty round the house for a while. :(

Edited by royalstar09
spelling

You should be not only proud of them, but also of yourself!!! I think it's great that you have such a close bond with them. Know what your going through as we raised 3 son's ourselves....it's not easy seeing them leave, but it helps to know they turned out pretty darn good!!!

Sounds like a fine outstanding couple of young men you have raise! Congratulations to you and we'll keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

Ride safe and pick up a cheap scoot for when they are home you can all enjoy a ride.:thumbsup2:

Bryan