IGNORED

machining a VMX rear gear housing

Why do all this work? You can get a v-max setup ready to install from RM Sportmax. $300 exchange.

See the article in the tech section. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13266

Mike

Because I already own my perfectly good Vmax diff with 21k on it. I put all of those miles on it before I pulled it off the Vmax.

Since I currently own a first gen, a second gen, and a Vmax, I didn't want to just send it off for a gear swap, just in case I wanted to go back to stock on any one of the bikes.

Drilling and milling isn't that much of a big deal since I have been mechanicking (but not my professional) for nearly 50 years anyway.

Just wondering why the milling was deemed necessary in this case. Could be Pegscraper felt the speedo sensor needed to be a tad closer to the gears for an accurate reading. I'm sure he has more experience in this particular area than I, and I would value his opinion.

May not need to do this diff machine work anyway, if I put my sidecar on the Royale, which looks more like the way I will go with this project. I'll just install the diff like it is.