IGNORED

Firehouse Restaurant

Wayne O

Just wondering about a BBQ place in Johnson City Tn.

It's called Firehouse Restaurant.

Anyone have any input about this place, thinking about

Riding over some weekend to check it out. We live about 3

Hours away.

:confused24:

As I live in Johnson City and have eaten at Firehouse many times, I can say that it is a good place to eat.

Another good BBQ restaurant in this area is Ridgewood BBQ (Google)and has been featured in many publications. It is a bit quaint and a little off the main drag, but worth the look. It is also a favorite eatery for many of the NASCAR boys as it is probably about five miles from Bristol Motor Speedway.

It is truly a classic roadside dinner and usually will require a bit of a wait at almost any time of the day. It is not a cheap place to eat, but many of the meals are so large that they can be shared.

RandyA

Like Randy said, the Firehouse is pretty good, but we have a LOT of better places around here to eat. If you want BBQ, you really can't beat the Ridgewood in this area. If have any questions about things to do in this area, feel free to shoot me an IM or call me (my number's in my profile). Good luck and have fun.

Guest scarylarry

One place we ride regular is Dale Hollow BBQ it is right past the dam, great BBQ only downside is there is no indoor seating they have picnic tables out side...

Still though it is good....

Larry, definitely have to get up with you guys for a ride this year.

Thought the place in Johnson City would be cool since I am with

The Fire Department at home. The place your talking about on

The lake sounds like fun, prolly not that far for me ride to some

Saturday. :fingers-crossed-emo

Larry, have you ever rode to Thompkinsville Ky? You go up 100 to hwy 214 and you cross the Cumberland River on a ferry boat, then go back to Celina. We do the ferry boat ride a lot. We are doing a benefit ride over there Saturday the 14th for a little church up here. We will be eating lunch at Frances BBQ in Thompkinsville.

Edited by Wayne O

Guest scarylarry

Yes I have heard of and spoked highly of too.

This might work out what is the cost?

Do you remember Jeff the guy that met us in PF that rainy day, he would be with me if we do it.

Also what is the cost?

Let me get back with you on this...Let you know tomorrow night...Thanks

The ferry boat ride is free. The ride out of Pine Knot that morning for the church is $10 per person. But if you're wanting to meet up in Thompkinsville for lunch, you wouldn't have to pay, only have to buy your lunch. Does your friend still have the Gold Wing?

Guest scarylarry

Yea he is still in the loser bracket...LOL

Let me check with him tonight when he gets here at 11, unless he rode the GW then he will be late waiting on all the gizmos to come on...

What time and where do we meet, to me it sounds great..

I know this is a benefit ride and I have done some in Ky. and they ask us to leave our helmets on....

Is this the case too or does it matter?

Larry, the ride will be the 14th not this weekend but the next. We are meeting in Pine Knot at the Shell station at the hwy 27 and hwy 92 intersection. We are meeting at 10 am and pulling out at 11 eastern time. The helmet deal is it's Ky and the law doesn't require you to wear one. Thanks for showing interest in this event. Would be great to see you all up here.

Guest scarylarry

Thank you, cause I didn't check the calender before I spoke and I can't make this weekend..

Next weekend I'm in...