IGNORED

Argus Analyzer response to my question

Hi, I purchased a Battery Bug from Argus Analyzer and I wrote them an email yesterday with a question concerning my Battery Bug that I installed on my 04 RSV. Here is Jim's response.

He responded within 24 hours of my initial question and the article he attached is that written by Stu Oltman, the editor of Wing World Magazine. I just had to share that with the good folks on the forum here. His timely response and the article he sent me answered all my questions and alleviated any of my worry or anxiety about the operation of the Bug. All in all I think they are great folks to deal with. I don't know how to attach a word doc or I would put it in here. I don't have a date for the month the evaluation was written up in Wing Word Magazine but I know Stu and he wrote an excellent review.

Chris in Red Deer, Alberta

Chris -

Remember the ‘Bug is showing “Cranking Health” not the “Battery Life”.

Think of Cranking Health as the battery’s ability to do its job of starting the engine. There are many factors affecting that ability. Chiefly - the SIZE of the battery. A tiny battery and a HUGE engine will give a low Cranking Health % even when the battery is new - because the battery will have a hard time cranking that engine. In addition – cold temperatures will affect cranking health in a negative way. Cold temps make it harder to crank the engine both because the battery is cold AND the engine oil is cold an sluggish.

Remember also that the %-age on the display ONLY goes down. It is displaying the WORST start and therefore the number will never go up again. Expect the % cranking health displayed to steady itself after a few weeks, then slowly descend over time.

Attached is an article that you might find interesting as well. Please let me know if you have more questions!

Jim

Argus Analyzers

401-965-4569