IGNORED

RSV has me shifting late on my Goldwing

KiteSquid

I rode a 2007 RSV for aobut three years and was used to letting the engine rev up when shifitng, and that included down shifting a bit early, to keep the revs up when power might be neeeded.

now that I have a GL1800 I find that I shift late in the RPMs and downshift before entereing a corner and downshift early when comming to a stop.........

I wonder if I need to chage my ways..............

what do you think?

Yep change your ways..I go thru my gears at low rpms UNLESS Im in a hurry..when I go thru towns I never downshift unless I get to 22MPH or so then I will downshift,otherwise I just throttle on it and off I go...

Shift, what's that? I've gotten lazy. Get into 5th gear by 25 mph and ride? I'm probably not quite that bad but I have taken it down to 20 to 25 at some corners on level ground and didn't shift. Of course I wasn't trying to accelerate too hard. Riding last Saturday I went around curves in 5th that would have required 3rd or maybe 2nd on the Venture.

I've had to adjust my riding style too. I've pulled away from a stop in 2nd quite comfortably a couple of times.

Dennis

IF I don't go over 65-68, 42 MPG After that at 75-80 appx 38-39 over that 32-36. Pulling trailer at 65 around 40 UNLESS high winds and I have gotten as lowas 17MPG WITH A VERY STRONG HEADWIND AND RUNNING FAST. Ask Ponch about that!

Off the subject, what kind of fuel mileage are ya getting on blended fuel on the gw?

I dont check gas milage on my bikes as I ride for fun........

If I wanted high milage I would have bought a Prius.........

Oh and I am just starting to get used to my wing as it only has 2300 miles on it...