IGNORED

All White Lights coming at ya!

LED's

LED'S

are you talkin to me?

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/teledynelandinglight.php

Thi is just a joke of course please do not install on your bikes...

But you COULD.. PAR36 lights? 45W each? Hell, there would be no need of a headlight then.. but what a price tag.. anything for your aircraft would cost a lot..

Interesting to see though..

Custom Dynamics does put out a full LED headlight.. I've no idea how it works out though

Typical bike:

Headlight 55/65W

Highway lights 35W + 35W

TOTAL WATTS 125 Watts

HID LED bike:

HID Headlight 35 W

Highway Lights 12W + 12W

TOTAL WATTS 59 Watts

Difference of 66 Watts

(I'm not sure where I got the info that the highway lights are 12W each.. I'd have to contact CD to find out for sure..)

..... of heated vest or jacket liner. Not completely but getting close.

• 4 months later...

Were you able to hid all the HID electrics in the headlight shell or did you have to mount ballast/igniter externally? I have a RSTD that I want to install this HID system but am curious if I am going to have "boxes" hanging around?

Were you able to hid all the HID electrics in the headlight shell or did you have to mount ballast/igniter externally? I have a RSTD that I want to install this HID system but am curious if I am going to have "boxes" hanging around?

On the RSV, everything is easily hidden under the fairing.. To be honest I can't remember what the front of a RSTD looks like or what areas you might have to tuck and hide things under..

All the components are black except the ballast which is silver metal in colour.. My buddy, with a Nomad has the same one installed and the only thing you notice is the ballast where he mounted it on the side of the neck. I think it's about 4 square inches or so and less than an inch thick.. only one more part that is black isn't bigger.. Next time I see a RSTD I'll check it out and let you know..

Cheers

Can the signal lights remain white, or do they need to be amber or red?

This is all dependent on your local Motor Vehicle Act (MVA)

Here in Nova Scotia, it states that they shall be of a colour between white and orange..

So it works for me. I have mine white which I prefer though I realize they might not stand out as well as bright amber colour would in contrast..