IGNORED

Search Issue Suggestions

TearlessTom

Okay I have a request or 3.

1st and foremost for me.

When I do a search or when I post a new topic it gives me a list of threads that have had similar parameters. I love this feature, it is very helpful ..... but..... it only allows me to view one of the listed threads. When I try to go back after reading the thread to view the other threads they are no longer there. Is there a way to make them stay at the bottom of the page so we can peruse all of them before we post?

2nd

I see where it was mentioned before but is there a way to make a sticky type date for when each post was made, a time date stamp on each individual post?

3rd. My Valkyrie thread under our user names shows how many threads we have posted or replied to... is there a way to do that too. It is kinda nice to see who has posted .

Thanks this is a GREAT SITE you have done a AWESOME job with it and deserve a huge pat on the back...:big-grin-emoticon:

1st and foremost for me.

When I do a search or when I post a new topic it gives me a list of threads that have had similar parameters. I love this feature, it is very helpful ..... but..... it only allows me to view one of the listed threads. When I try to go back after reading the thread to view the other threads they are no longer there. Is there a way to make them stay at the bottom of the page so we can peruse all of them before we post?

I don't think I'm understanding this correctly. When I go to one of those threads at the bottom, all I have to do is click the "back" button on my browser and they are all still listed. I just click on the next one.

2nd

I see where it was mentioned before but is there a way to make a sticky type date for when each post was made, a time date stamp on each individual post?

That has always been there. On the left end of the blue bar above every post is the date that it was posted.

3rd. My Valkyrie thread under our user names shows how many threads we have posted or replied to... is there a way to do that too. It is kinda nice to see who has posted .

I don't understand what you are asking here. You can click on anybody's username and there is a link in the drop down menu to "find other posts by this user". You can also go to anybody's profile and click on the "Statistics" tab and see all posts and also all threads that they started. If you are talking about a number in the postbit at the top of the thread that simply shows how many posts that user has made, that is a standard feature that the members here voted to have removed. The general thought is that it just causes some people to post for the sole reason of having the most posts.

Thanks this is a GREAT SITE you have done a AWESOME job with it and deserve a huge pat on the back...:big-grin-emoticon:

Thank you for the compliment. Please let me know if I have misunderstood what you are asking for in any of these instances.

Thanks for the reply, I saw Item #2 after I posted I thought I had deleted that from my questions but apparently I only removed the 2nd part, ...my eyes are getting older.

Sorry.

#3 Okay if the membership don't want it they don't want it. I can see your point about posting just to post.

#1, What browser are you using?

Mine when I hit the back button I get the title box, message box but nothing underneath where the other links were.

I basically have to back up, act as if I am going to post a new thread then put in the same info then go to the next thread.

I don't have that issue when I do a search, just on the new message page.

I just tried it on my wife's laptop which is running Vista and it worked fine. Maybe we are talking about two different things. Tell me exactly what you are doing and I'll look again.

Okay,

I start a new thread and type in the title.

It pops up with a list of like topics.

I can click on a topic link and read that link but when I hit the back browser the list of topics is gone, only the message box and title box remain.

So in order to read the rest of the topics I have to close out the new thread box and start over typing in the same topic to see the next thread I want to read.

Don't loose any sleep over it I am sure it is in my system. I have trouble fowarding emails with photos too they only recieve the dreaded red X:big-grin-emoticon:

No, you are correct. I understand now. I didn't realize that you were talking about posting a new message, I was talking about when I look at a thread and the box at the bottom that shows similar threads.

You are correct that it does away when you are staring to post a new thread. The only way around it is to right click on the existing thread that you want to look at and choose "view in a new tab" or "open in a new page". Then that leaves your original page there and you can just close the new one that you opened to see the others and repeat.