IGNORED

Installed new high output stator yesterday on my 04 RSV and...

Actually I can't take credit for that. My son-in-law who is a journeyman mechanic did it, I just watched. As it turned out he did a totally professional job. We had trouble with one stator bolt that would not break loose. He had to actually take the stator assembly to his shop, weld a nut onto the bolt and then take it off. While he was there he cleaned it all up and then came back and he completed the install. We didn't solder the wires, he re-used the connector. Like I said he did a beautiful job. And I have to thank Brad (Squidley) for his comments as well. I'll be the first to admit I'm not a wrench. If I had attempted to do this solo my wife would have eventually found me curled up in the fetal position on the cold garage floor or sitting underneath my toolbox with a bottle of tequila gripped between my fists mumbling stark, imprecations against Yamaha, the government and realtors but not necessarily in that order.

So here's the deal. Yeah so I don't know my Robertson's from my Philips head screw drivers. Who cares? I have a mechanic for a son-in-law. Anyway where was I...Oh yeah, the deal. I have a perfectly good OEM stator out of my 2004 RSV that I want to put in the classifieds and Ebay but I have no idea what it might be worth.

Anyone have an idea what it might be worth?

Thank you in advance.

Chris in Red Deer, Alberta.

Actually I can't take credit for that. My son-in-law who is a journeyman mechanic did it, I just watched. As it turned out he did a totally professional job. We had trouble with one stator bolt that would not break loose. He had to actually take the stator assembly to his shop, weld a nut onto the bolt and then take it off. While he was there he cleaned it all up and then came back and he completed the install. We didn't solder the wires, he re-used the connector. Like I said he did a beautiful job. And I have to thank Brad (Squidley) for his comments as well. I'll be the first to admit I'm not a wrench. If I had attempted to do this solo my wife would have eventually found me curled up in the fetal position on the cold garage floor or sitting underneath my toolbox with a bottle of tequila gripped between my fists mumbling stark, imprecations against Yamaha, the government and realtors but not necessarily in that order.

So here's the deal. Yeah so I don't know my Robertson's from my Philips head screw drivers. Who cares? I have a mechanic for a son-in-law. Anyway where was I...Oh yeah, the deal. I have a perfectly good OEM stator out of my 2004 RSV that I want to put in the classifieds and Ebay but I have no idea what it might be worth.

Anyone have an idea what it might be worth?

Thank you in advance.

Which high output stator did you use?

if you didn't use a sealer where the wires go through the grommet, it will leak, the wires from the buckeye are slightly thinner...i used heatshrink tubing and the yamaha sealer and it hasn't leaked

i also, initially, didn't solder the wires, i tried to use the original connector.........after a few months , i checked the connection while the bike was running, and saw the wisps of smoke coming out......so i soldered 'em.....

We didn't solder the wires, he re-used the connector.

I'm on my 2nd High output stator I think the connector prematurely burnt out the 1st one... when i took it apart one of the connectors was completely burnt and gone and the other 2 were barely there... When you have time REMOVE that connector and solder the wires... That connector is barely adequate with a stock stator nevermind a higher output one... It IS the weakest link in your charging system.... Goodbye