IGNORED

Giving away to a good home, a 1978 CB400

a1bummer

If anybody here is either looking for or knows anyone looking for a 1978 Honda CB400, either for parts or to repair, they are more than welcome to come get it. When I got it, I did get it to start, but not well. I found a hole in one of the pistons. My first hunch is it was caused by the fancy splitfire plugs that were in it. I took the engine out and pulled both pistons. A friend was interested in fixing it but then lost both pistons. A long story how he managed that. The timing guides also need replacing and a valve stem also got worm kind of funny as well. I do have all the parts boxed up and it has always been store indoors. It's a flat primer gray and has a tear in the seat, but is in good condition otherwise with good tires, at least the last time I looked, I think). I also have a couple manuals that you can have as well. When I was going to fix it, I was going to bore it 1 over and if I remember right it was gonna run about $500 total or so. Any questions, please feel free to ask.

I'm not fixing it myself because I have plenty other projects. I'm giving it away because it was given to me by the original owner. And I'm usually not much of a capitalist either.

Thanks,

Bill

P.S. I'll try to get into my shed later and take some pics if needed.