IGNORED

Thinking of purchasing?

I am looking at purchasing a 2005 Royal Star Tour Deluxe, this is an upgrade from the 1982 Honda Deluxe I go back and forth to work on. My mechanical knowledge of bikes is minimal to changing oil, filter and charging battery, oh I can change light bulbs to. I have a few questions; do they make a lowering kit for it? Is there anything I should be cautious about or look for on this bike that would tell me to avoid it (other than the leaks, drips and signs of damage)? Is there some other instrument cluster you could get for it be either aftermarket or off a different model bike (just don’t care for that look)?

Thanks!

I just sold an '05. I didn't like the look of the instruments at first, but after I got used to it, I really liked it. Some of these bikes have a noisy whine, and others are not so bad. I tried a couple until I found one that didn't have it.

They're pretty tough bikes, I never had any problems with mine, but my wife and I were looking for a bike with more luggage space and a fairing.

Just go to the forum that you want to post in...for example...watering hole...first gen tech talk....etc. Click on that forum and at the upper left, just about the list of existing discussions will be a blue button that says "New Thread".

Don

I am looking at purchasing a 2005 Royal Star Tour Deluxe, this is an upgrade from the 1982 Honda Deluxe I go back and forth to work on. My mechanical knowledge of bikes is minimal to changing oil, filter and charging battery, oh I can change light bulbs to. I have a few questions; do they make a lowering kit for it? Is there anything I should be cautious about or look for on this bike that would tell me to avoid it (other than the leaks, drips and signs of damage)? Is there some other instrument cluster you could get for it be either aftermarket or off a different model bike (just don’t care for that look)?

Thanks!

I found a RSTD last year at a great price. It is an awesome ride and the instruments grow on you pretty quick. Mustang seat made a big difference also.

Edited by Drkngas
bad spelling due to being old and needing reading glasses!