Has anyone gone with the black Stebel Nautilus and mounted it as the second horn under the front fairing, and would it accomplish the same thing? My OEM is already chrome so buying one of the Stebel chromes, and mounting it on the right side would only get me a louder horn...not add to the bling... The blacks Stebels have a better price, and wonder if anyone has gone that direction and the result...?? :confused07:

I tore mine apart, what a pain in the rear. I didn't see that it could fit. I also couldn't seem to fit it in the fairing as others have. So I would like to hear about this as well. Pictures would be even better! I have the one mounted on the side(in black). I am not into the bling, but love the noise. Was the first thing swapped from my Vmax to the Venture.

Frank

Yepprs it will fit quite nicely, and works some gooooood!!!:thumbsup2: Nice and loud up front

I thought I had posted the photo before,,,,,, maybe in the Trike section when I was building it,,:confused24:

I had mounted one in a few places, first use one of Carbons Ones (Larry's) brackets worked great. Then after removing the ASI system I mounted the horn up under the bike and that's where it's been for the past 4 years.

Check out the pic's

Yepprs it will fit quite nicely, and works some gooooood!!! Nice and loud up front

I thought I had posted the photo before,,,,,, maybe in the Trike section when I was building it,,

I have mine mounted the same place as yours but I have the corners wrapped in foam to keep it from knocking when I hit bumps.. zip ties attached to the frame and such.. no worries, works great.. Just ensure to keep the in and outs of the horn clear.. ;)

Cheers

Anyone still have their takeoff horns they'd be willing to let go?

I have the right side factory horn (chrome that goes behind the engine) with mounting screws. You can have it for price of shipping of whatever USPS flat rate box it fits into.

PM me with your address so I can get this out of my garage and onto your bike.

I had mounted one in a few places, first use one of Carbons Ones (Larry's) brackets worked great. Then after removing the ASI system I mounted the horn up under the bike and that's where it's been for the past 4 years.

Check out the pic's

Al- Got a question... not horn related... sorta.. I have the AIS valve, and it's in the way of the Rivco center stand. I've tried to move the valve out of the way by reversing bending and twisting per installation docs, but it's becoming a PITA. How difficult was it to remove the dang thing completely. It's my understanding it's nothing more than a gas tank vapor recovery system. The hoses are fairly large. Did you plug them?? Obviously the horn isn't going to fit in that area... :)

Al- Got a question... not horn related... sorta.. I have the AIS valve, and it's in the way of the Rivco center stand. I've tried to move the valve out of the way by reversing bending and twisting per installation docs, but it's becoming a PITA. How difficult was it to remove the dang thing completely. It's my understanding it's nothing more than a gas tank vapor recovery system. The hoses are fairly large. Did you plug them?? Obviously the horn isn't going to fit in that area... :)

Because of the warranty is long gone on my bike and my brothers bike we decided to remove the complete AIS. All went well only two things to look out for, one getting the steel tubs out with out scratching the paint, this can be tricky, I cut the steel tubs as you can see in the pics. After removing the steel tubs from the engine the ports will have carbon inside of them, have to get the carbon out for the plugs to fit properly. Remember have to pull the bottom of the radiator out fot the front AIS pump and that means taking off the button radiator hose. Check out the pics below.

I removed the AIS years ago only because there was a few parts that needed replacing, and I was'nt about to pay for them.

Hope this helps :sun: