IGNORED

Scala Q2 advice

I'm thinking of returning the Show Chrome headsets and going with the Scala Q2's. Does anyone know how long the rechargeable batteries last before you have to replace them?

How does the intercom feature compare with headsets wired directly through the bike's intercom?

As some of you may know if you've read my earlier posts, I've been getting interference on the wired set. I'm pretty sure that I can solve the problem (thanks to you guys and the great advice), but if I can get the Q2's for the same price as the wired set, maybe that would be a better option?

Cheers!

I'm thinking of returning the Show Chrome headsets and going with the Scala Q2's. Does anyone know how long the rechargeable batteries last before you have to replace them?

How does the intercom feature compare with headsets wired directly through the bike's intercom?

As some of you may know if you've read my earlier posts, I've been getting interference on the wired set. I'm pretty sure that I can solve the problem (thanks to you guys and the great advice), but if I can get the Q2's for the same price as the wired set, maybe that would be a better option?

Cheers!

I can't tell you how it compares to wired as I've not ever used it. My wife & I have the Q2's & love them. It's nice to be able to talk to her about choices, i.e., " How about lunch here?" "You wanna shop over there?" We use them when she's on her bike, as well. They work great.

I'm not sure how long the batteries last, probably depends a lot on how much you gab. As far as I know, the batteries aren't replaceable (unless you send it back to the manufacturer). I use mine every day to & from work for about an hour & the battery is good for at least a month. I might spend 5 minutes each day on the phone with my wife on my way home, checking for anything I might need to pick up at the grocery store, etc. I only charge it at the beginning of each month, unless I'm going on a trip. Then I'll take along the charger. Hope that helps some.

I have used the Q2s for about 2 years. I originally got them for use with a Yeasu FTM-10 bluetooth capable ham radio. It gets a lot of use. When using the headset with the ham radio, I only got about 4 hours of battery time. The radio keeps both channels open constantly. When not using the ham radio, my wife and I could easily run all day with the intercom on and listening to the gps mp3 player via bluetooth. Not too bad. The audio quality is not as good as the wired intercom, but completely useable. I gave up on them because of the high amount of ham radio usage and not wanting to carry and extra with me to have a freshly charged battery. I went a more expensive but infinetly more useable direction for the ham radio and went with the wired system. I am much more satisfied with the current setup and system integration. If you are only making 5-6 hour runs, you should be fine. In two years of use I have noted no charge life degradation of the units.

:happy34:

• 1 month later...

Just ordered the Q2Pro for my wife and myself. We have two 3 week vacations planned for this year. One week each of travel time back and forth to the destinations and two weeks of riding each. So I am hoping to give them a good working out.

Our 1st trip is to the Mid-west, in June, then to the Berkshires Mountains in Mass.

We will tow the bikes out approx. 2000 miles each way for both trips.

I am more than just a little excited!!!!!

Gotta get new shoes for the truck next month.

Toyota is having a 4 for 3 sale.:big-grin-emoticon: